REGISTRATION: Email: email@example.com
Access for swimmers will be from Ocean road via Barrenjoey road. Boat access will be from the ocean (from their respective moorings) or Palm Beach wharf, all boats must be no less than 1km offshore to meet and guide their swimmers. Kayakers will meet their swimmers 500m off the beach and launch their craft from either the beach or their boats 15 minutes prior to the swim start.
Parking and ski drop off for Palm Beach
There will be dedicated drop-off zones for all competitors, support crew and spectators. Please make plans to be dropped off at the event, as parking space will be extremely limited.
Please note that swimmers must not be dropped by support boats at Palm Beach.
- The following parking facilities are available at Palm Beach:
- Garage Parking – nr Ferry Wharf and Boathouse
- Palm Beach Car park – 43 spots
- Palm Beach Ferry Wharf – 50 spots
- Pittwater Park – 74 spots
- Governor Phillip Park – 48 spots
- 5 Ocean Road
- Barrenjoey Road P1 50 spots
- Barrenjoey Road P2
- Beach Road P1 28 spots
- Beach Road P2 9 spots
- Beach Road P3 20 spots
- Beach Road P4 22 spots
- Beach Road P5 15 spots
- Beach Road P6
- Beach Road P7
- TOILETS: Gov. Philip Park, Palm Beach Public toilet block
The site plan for Shelly Beach
Swimmers will approach from the north and swim parallel to Manly beach. Boats will have a 500m exclusion zone from Manly beach and a 1km exclusion zone from the finish at Shelly beach. Swimmers will be escorted by the kayaker to the finish line.
Detailed approach for Swimmers and kayakers
Facing from the Shelly beach out to sea, swimmers and kayakers will approach the beach and land on the left hand side of the shore as shown in the site plan below. Kayakers will return to their boats.
Parking and ski drop off for Shelly Beach
Shelly Beach has showers, toilets and a kiosk
at Bower St – approx. 70 spots
- Manly National Car Park – Garage – 247 spots
- Whistler Car Park – Garage – 314 spots
- Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific – Garage – ? spots