Scheduled for June 2023
- Ocean Swim 35km
- Ride 680km
- Run 160km
This event is an ultra endurance event designed to test you physically and mentally. Designed by an extreme athlete for extreme athletes looking to test their metal and go beyond what’s considered “normal”.
You will be racing me, the organiser and if you finish before me then I will donate a $1000 to a charity of your choice.
There is only boat support allowed for the swim. NO WETSUIT ALLOWED.
NO SUPPORT ALLOWED FOR THE BIKE OR THE RUN
Rest period between completing the swim and bike cannot be more than 12 hours. Rest period between the bike and run cannot be more than 12 hours. Time constraints are:
- swim less than 20 hours
- ride maximum 5 days
- run maximum 3 days
Expressions of interest please send email, you must send your race cv.
WARNING: THIS IS SERIOUSLY DIFFICULT. ENTRIES WILL BE VETTED.
- THERE IS NO COST TO ENTER AND THERE IS NO INSURANCE COVER FOR THIS (too difficult to get cover).
- You will require rescue and recovery support insurance.
- You must have a satellite tracker.
- No support on the bike, this is bike packing and sleep outside.
- No Ebikes.
- You will carry your own food and where possible, you can pick up food from shops and cafes along the route.
- Run, no support or assistance permitted. You carry all your kit/food, to complete the course.
- Expect winter conditions, a cold ocean swim 160-180 Celsius, you can expect wet and windy conditions.
- You can expect alpine conditions as you get closer to the mountains.
- There will be more than 10,000 metres of elevation over the course.
- You will not have phone signal in many parts of the course.